Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Surprise Santa

Two Christmases ago, I sent my grandmother a greeting card. She loved the card, so she kept it.
Let me preface this by saying that my grandmother is a seamstress. She has worked out of her home for over thirty years sewing garments from scratch and doing alterations. She has remodeled her house and always finds time to do little crafty projects. A couple of years ago, she decided to take an art class...and out of nowhere we began to see her amazing talent. Apparently she had been holding out on us. She has been in, placed and won several art shows in the Lake Martin area. For my birthday, she gave me this amazing painting of the Lake Martin shoreline to go over my living room mantle.

At my brother's birthday lunch, she surprised me with another painting. She painted the Christmas card!

She is so sweet, thoughtful and amazingly talented! Thanks, Grams! I can't wait til Christmas, so I can hang this over the mantle!

(Click on the above picture and read the letter to Santa. She even left room at the bottom to add our kids' names one day.I love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment