Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Potato Basil Soup


So I have started to enjoy cooking. I try to step outside of my comfort zone and cook things that are normally not on our weekly menu. I like trying completely new recipes, but I especially love improvising and updating old recipes with new or different ingredients. Last week Jamey was feeling a little under the weather. When I was little, Grams would make me potato soup, and she would mash up the potatoes so there would be no chunks. I hate chunks.

So I took on her potato soup and modified it a little bit, and this is what I came up with:




Potato Basil Soup

Ingredients
  • 2 Baking Potatoes


  • 1 tbsp. dried basil


  • 1 heaping tbsp. of flour


  • 1/4 c. milk


Preparation

Wash, peel and cube potatoes. Put into a pot and add enough water to cover potatoes. Boil until soft (approx 8-10 min). Mash with large spoon (I use a spatula) until desired consistency. Slowly whisk in flour and milk. Add basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and remove from heat. Serve with your favorite toppings like shredded cheese, bacon bits, chives or sour cream!


It's delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment