Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Holidays

It was fun decorating the new house for the Holidays. This was our second Christmas together! Time flies by so fast. It seems like the older I get, the harder it is to really get into the Christmas spirit. I'm not a scrooge or anything, it just always felt "Christmas-y" when I lived at home, and I guess that's because it was all about receiving. I not only got my usual family gifts, but I still got Santa presents up until I got married. Now that I'm married, I realize it's not about the receiving. I love giving gifts! I love shopping months in advance and trying to find just the right present. Anyways, it's not that giving of gifts that has taken away my holiday spirit....I just don't have that child-like feeling that I used to. Writing this makes it sound so much more dramatic I guess that just thinking it in my head ....
I tried for weeks! I would light cinnamon candles. I baked...which is a rarity for me. I played Christmas music all through the house. We watched a few Christmas movies. Still....nothing.
Maybe when I have kids, being Santa will make it feel more like Christmases used to when I was little. Maybe not. Maybe I have realized that this is just another sad truth about becoming an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment