Tuesday, February 23, 2010

{Master Makeover}

My Master Bedroom - Elements
I've been keeping a folder full of paint samples, fabrics and photos...all to be used for our master bedroom redo. This is a little idea board I built for myself, so I thought I'd share!

1. I love the shape of the lamp base and the contrast of the cream with the white shade. I think I'd like to turn this into a DIY project with some old lamps I have stored in the garage.

2. I got a sample of this paint color last week. I love that it's a perfect marriage between gray and beige. It's Silver Fox by Benjamin Moore.

3. I specifically wanted cream pinch pleat curtains, and I found them at JCP.com. They were on clearance for only $39! Now they are just sitting on my bedroom floor, waiting to be hung.

4. Our headboard will be another DIY project. I'm going with a fabric covered headboard outlined in a nailhead trim. I have already ordered the nailhead trim from here. I'm in love with this ikat fabric, but it's on back order. Bummer!

5. This end table from Target is identical to the ones we're already using, so I don't think there is any need to replace them. I love the way this dark wood looks with all the neutrals!

I have an old 1970s-esque dresser that I purchased a couple of years ago at a garage sale for $30! I think with a new coat of paint and some new knobs, it will be perfect in the space. If I ever decide to get around to that project, that will be a post all in itself.

These are the only ideas I've really stuck with so far, so I think they might be winners. As soon as we make some progress, I'll be sure to post pics!

Goodnight all! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great master plan for your master bedroom!

    I hope the ikat fabric comes in soon.

    Just read your lamp store. So happy yours was a happy ending and you found it online.

    ReplyDelete