Tuesday, July 28, 2009

TOOL show

Last night, Jamey & I drove to Atlanta to see TOOL! Neither of us have ever seen them live, so I was super pumped about their show.
Unfortunately, I had less than two hours of sleep from the night before, because I had been up all night studying for an exam. I had a RedBull yesterday morning, so I was wired and couldn't nap when I got home. I knew I'd pay for it later.
We left around 4 and didn't make it to Gwinnett Arena until around 6:15. Luckily, traffic wasn't too terrible.
Alli texted me and told me she was gonna be there...so she tackled hugged me as soon as I walked through the gates. I was soooo excited that I got to see her, even if only for a minute. Forgetful me didn't bring a camera, but Jamey took a couple of pics on his cell phone. They
didn't turn out too great. I posted pictures below that I found online, so you can see the stage setup.
Tool's shows are as much about the artwork as the music. There were huge screens with album art, art from the videos, etc. They even had laser light shows during most of the songs.
Unfortunately for my tired and aching body, everybody stood the whole time. Even still, I had an amazing time and am glad I got to experience one of their shows at least once in my life.

The drummer's ridiculous set.
The picture above is pretty darn close to the view from our seats.

Maynard, the lead singer, is also the lead singer for A Perfect Circle. Jamey and I went to see APC in concert in November of 2003 (our first real date). I guess all of Maynard's music has a special place in my heart. haha. So, the only concerts we've ever been to together are A Perfect Circle and, now, Tool.

P.S. - A big THANKS to my hubby for being such a trooper and driving to and from ATL on a Monday night; especially since he had to be at work at 7:30 this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment